Access Statement for Kingsview and Alexandra House 108 &109 Esplanade, Weymouth, Dorset, DT4 7EA
Self-contained holiday flats in large listed terrace properties facing Weymouth Bay.
All apartments are accessed by steps/stairs.
Lowerground floor access 4 steps at rear and 11 steps at front.
Flat 2 5 steps
Flat 3 17 stairs
Flat 4 34 stairs
Flat 5 57 stairs (internal stairs 10)
Flat 7 5 steps
Flat 8 18 stairs
Flat 9 36 stairs
Flat 10 54 stairs (11 internal stairs)
- 24hr answer phone, e-mail and postal address.
- No alternative format information available.
- Non adjustable website.
- Access statement available by request on site and on web.
- Train station 200yds. Bus terminal 200yds.
- Weymouth town centre 300yds.
- No private collection service offered.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Private parking at rear of the flats. One non - designated parking space per flat. Guests are responsible for loading/unloading luggage. Vehicles may be temporarily parked at front of the apartments to facilitate loading/unloading. The car park surface is gravel and concrete with a drop kerb. There is no rear access. The flats are approximately in the centre of the terrace requiring an equal distance walk to the rear (150yds approx.).
- The car park is not lit. Access to apartments and parking is via local authority pavements with appropriate street lighting.
- The parking area has a non - illuminated sign, more information with a picture of parking facilities is included in the brochure.
Main Entrance & Reception
- The ground and upper floors are accessed via stone/concrete steps (4/5). There is no handrail. The front door and inner hall door are the only access to the apartments. The doors have Yale locks and two sets of keys are supplied. An additional set available if requested.
- Guests will be met between 2.30pm and 4pm on the main Saturday changeover days, all other times by arrangement only. Each apartment has a folder containing helpful information to assist guest to use and enjoy their apartment. Telephone numbers are readily available should guest require further help.
- Guests are responsible for moving in and out of apartments.
- Common parts of the apartments have natural and artificial lighting.
- The apartments have no reception desk.
Public Areas – General (Internal)
- There are no public areas internally.
- The apartments do not have a lift.
Public Areas – WC
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Lounges, Take Away & Café
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment
- There are no bedrooms suitable for wheelchair users.
- Fire alarm is audio/visual.
- T.V have teletext and infrared remotes.
- There are no specific disabled related aids or provision.
- Floor coverings are variously carpet or laminate.
- Adequate artificial lighting.
- 4’6’ double and 3’ single beds are provided.
- Located variously between lower ground and 4th floor.
- No smoking policy applies to all apartments. No specific allergy policy in operation.
- Dogs by arrangement in basement apartment only.
Bathroom, Shower – room & WC (Ensuite or Shared)
- The apartments are self – contained with a family bathroom (maximum guests per flat 4 or 6 person).
- Apartment 3 has a shower over the bath.
- Apartment 5 has an en-suite shower to the double bedroom.
- Apartment 6 has an en-suite shower to the double bedroom.
- Bathrooms have either vinyl or tiled floors.
- Bathrooms do not have any specific fitting for disabled person.
Self – Catering Kitchen
- Kitchens are adjacent to sitting rooms.
- Hot water is thermostatically controlled.
- Chrome taps.
- Standard height working areas.
- Freestanding gas cookers standard height.
- Tiled, laminate or vinyl floors.
- Adequate lighting.
- Fridge and Freezer provided.
Caravans, Holidays Homes & Twin Units
Touring Facilities (Holiday Parks)
Boats – Narrow Boat, Cruiser & Hotel Boat
Attractions (Displays, exhibits, rides, etc.)
Grounds and Gardens
Audio visual fire alarm.
All dogs in basement apartments only.
No Smoking Policy applies.
Emergency telephone numbers displayed.
- Address: The Old Rectory, Lorton Lane, Broadwey, Weymouth, Dorset, DT3 5DJ
- Telephone: 01305 814741
- Fax: N/A
- Minicom: N/A
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: weymouthcottagesandflats.co.uk
- Grid reference: 6960 7955
- Hours of operation: 24hr answer phone or owner/proprietor on a flexible hours basis
- Emergency number: 07746 151413 or 07932 122398
- Local carers: Agincare, Pike House, Trinity Street, Weymouth. Tel 01305 769418
- Local equipment hire companies: Dorset Mobility Tel 01305 781122. Active Mobility Tel 01305 774422
- Local public transport numbers: First Bus Tel 01305 783645. National Rail Enquiries Tel 0845 7 484 950
- Local accessible taxi numbers: Fleetline taxis Tel 01305 785242. Weyline Taxis Tel 01305 777777
- WPBC Access for the Disabled: Tel 01305 838261
- Tourist Information Centre: Tel 01305 814771
- Royal Crescent Surgery: Tel 01305 774466
- Weymouth Community Hospital: Tel 01305 786116
- Dorset County Hospital: Tel 01305 251150
- Local Chemist St Johns Pharmacy: Tel 01305 781500
- Ambulance East Division: Tel 01202 851640
- Weymouth Fire Station: Tel 01305 767466
- Weymouth Police Station: 01305 222222
- ALL EMERGENCY SERVICES TEL 999
- Local Cycle Hire Tilleys: Tel 01305 785762
- Car Hire Europecar: Tel 01305 257330
- Condor Ferry: Tel 0845 345 2000
- Wessex Trains: Tel 0845 000 880
- Sureline Bus: Tel 01305 823039
- None at present
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments please contact us.